Cerca nel blog

martedì 19 febbraio 2013

The Road Reader

I am reading a very special book: L'Oublié, by Elie Wiesel. I have just started but I can already feel the depths of the feelings described. I bought this book on a quick trip in a bookshop, in a period when I find it hard to feel "in tune" with whatever book I read. About Elie Wiesel, I only knew he won the Nobel Prize for peace and that he wrote a memoir about his endless days in a concentration camp.



L'oublié is about many things: love, memory (and forgetfulness), connections between people, roots, loneliness. I was looking for quotes to post on my blog when I bumped into "">the book reader", an Italian young writer who walks along the streets and reads aloud from books. I think it's a great idea, to share books and thoughts like this. There should be more road readers in the world!

2 commenti: